Assistant Designer/Technical Designer
We are a fashion/garment-based company looking for a full-time Assistant Designer/Technical Designer with the goal of growing into a Designer. Must have garment construction knowledge with understanding of patterns and fit. We are looking for someone who is friendly, hardworking, and thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team. He/she will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented and creative team-player.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to
- Take a hand sketch or sample and quickly translate it onto Illustrator.
- Develop prints on CAD
- Work as a team for sales presentations and meetings.
- Work with customers and help with potential new business.
- Work as needed for development, which includes creating and updating sketches, developing tech packs, coordinating samples, reviewing lab dip approvals and following up on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the organization of the design office
- Create line-lists for each season that shows product and style information.
- Opportunity to design new concepts, styles, color boards and silhouettes.
- Develop complete Tech packs with detailed specifications, fabrications, and technical drawings from Designer’s initial sketch
- Develop fit specifications, complete size grading, construction details and a technical sketch from a prototype sample, photograph, or design sketch
- Spec garment, spec revisions, measuring and fitting
- Review sample garments to ensure optimum fit & appearance & correct construction.
- Conduct fit sessions with live models.
- Adhere to the product development calendar and production deadlines.
- Full communication of product development and production with the overseas factory and Sourcing Manager.
- 1 – 2 years minimum in industry
- Proficient in Illustrator necessary- Photoshop experience helpful.
- Basic Computer Skills; Excel, Outlook
- Pre-production knowledge
- Ability to explain garment construction and have understanding of sewing techniques
- Knowledge of basic pattern making and corrections
- Experience in ladies wear is essential, knits & wovens, tops and bottoms.
- General understanding of grading
- Must have ability to multi-task; work in a fast-paced environment while meeting all deadlines
- Must possess strong and effective communication skills both verbal and written, have excellent follow up skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow directions, independent problem-solving skills and analytical ability. Good Attitude; Follows instructions; Eager to learn.
This position is primarily responsible for performing sketches, color calibration, developing prints, embroidery and bead layouts. CAD Artist’s print artwork is the road map for each group we develop for à la carte. Our success is directly related to their ability to interpret and develop the vision set forth by designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Designs and develops original print/pattern designs embroidery, beading, and color pitch for product line.
· Produces artwork on a seasonal basis that maintains the aesthetic in print design and that is technically ready for production (index/color separates, and puts in repeat.)
· Communicates with sweater and print mills concerning artwork when necessary.
· Retouches pictures, design logos, hang tags, look books, and line sheets.
· Prepares documents and paper dolls for sales meetings, magazine advertisements, market posters, brochures, and customer media kits when needed.
· Prepares line-ups and merchandising sheets when needed.
· Helps private label team with artwork or sketching when needed.
· Assist color specialists with various projects potentially including, but not limited to, image scanning, filing, creating paper palettes, and organizing the color library.
· Assists in the visual content of trend and concept presentations.
· Minimizes impact on development time and thereby cost through timely and accurate execution of CAD artwork.
· Develops best practices on which software tool to use for which tasks; research and recommends new software for the CAD system.
Three or more years of apparel, textile, and/or graphic industry CAD experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Kaledo, Word, and Outlook.
Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information. Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Please fill out the below to join our team!
10367 Brockwood Road
Dallas, TX, 75238
Sharon Young Inc. is committed to having a workplace free of illegal discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.